Dr.-Ing. Fabian Brosig
Main research areas:
- System Modeling and Simulation
- Software Performance Engineering
- Run-Time Performance and Resource Management
- Benchmarking and Experimental Performance Analysis
- Distributed Component-based Systems
My publications are listed on a separate page.
Performance Prediction in the Context of Real-Life Applications
in co-operation with Salesforce.com, Inc.
Online Resource Management
in co-operation with Blue Yonder GmbH, Germany.
VMware Academic Research Award
A new long-term cooperation of VMware, Inc. with the Descartes Research Group.
Automated Extraction of Palladio Component Models from Running Enterprise Java Applications
Project of University of Karlsruhe with Oracle USA, Inc.
I am involved in teaching the following regular lecture: Performance Engineering of Enterprise Software Systems.
Selected Supervised Theses:
 Fabian Gorsler. Online Performance Queries for Architecture-Level Performance Models. Master's thesis, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), 2013.
 Simon Spinner, Evaluating Approaches to Resource Demand Estimation. Master's thesis, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), 2011.
 Evgeny Matershev, Comparison of Selected SOA Middleware Platforms Concerning their Performance Monitoring Capabilities. Bachelor's thesis (in German), Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), 2010.
Selected Reviewer and Conference Organization Activities
- IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE), 2014
- ACM International SIGMETRICS/Performance Conference, 2012
- Winter Simulation Conference, 2012
- International ICST Conference on Simulation Tools and Techniques (SIMUTOOLS), 2012
- ACM/SPEC International Conference on Performance Engineering (ICPE), 2011–2013
- International Conference Series on Quality of Software Architectures (QoSA), 2010-2011
- Local Organization Co-Chair for ICPE 2011 - 2nd ACM/SPEC International Conference on Performance Engineering (ICPE) sponsored by ACM SIGSOFT and ACM SIGMETRICS in cooperation with SPEC, Karlsruhe, Germany, March 14-16, 2011.
- Local Organization Co-Chair for PASM 2011 - 5th International Workshop on Practical Applications of Stochastic Modelling (PASM), Karlsruhe, Germany, March 17, 2011
|since April 2014||Ph.D. Student in the Descartes Research Group at the University of Würzburg, funded by the Emmy Noether Programme|
|Jun 2013 - Aug 2013||Internship at Salesforce.com Inc., San Francisco, USA|
|Jul 2009 - Mar 2014||Ph.D. Student in the Descartes Research Group at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), funded by the Emmy Noether Programme|
|Jan 2007 - Sep 2007||Internship and working student at the SAP AG, Germany|
|Sep 2006 - Dec 2006||Study Thesis at the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland|
|Apr 2005 - Sep 2008||Student assistant in research projects at the Forschungszentrum Informatik (FZI), Karlsruhe|
|Oct 2003 - May 2009||Studies of Computer Science at the Universität Karlsruhe (TH), Germany|
|Jun 2003||Abitur at the Städtisches Gymnasium Petershagen|