Eighth International Conference on Simulation Tools and Techniques August 24–26, 2015, Athens, Greece
SIMUTools 2015 is the eighth edition of the annual International Conference on Simulation Tools and Techniques. Being held in Athens, Greece, the conference focuses on a broad range of research challenges in the field of simulation, modelling and analysis, addressing current and future trends in simulation techniques, models, practices and software. The conference is dedicated to fostering interdisciplinary collaborative research in these areas and across a wide spectrum of application domains.
Building on the success of the previous seven editions (2008-2014), this year's edition will provide an exciting forum for interaction among academic and industry researchers together with practitioners from both the simulation community and the different user communities.
SIMUTools' general topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Simulation methods: discrete event, parallel and distributed simulation, time synchronization, load balancing and migration, model partitioning, hybrid simulation, simulation-interoperation, multi-resolution and multi-scale simulation
- Simulation techniques: service-oriented, agent-based, web-based, component-based, symbiotic simulation
- Simulation software: environments, tools, libraries, and frameworks
- Simulation performance: GPU-based simulation, simulation in the cloud, scalability, performance analysis
- Modeling formalisms: DEVS, Petri Nets, process algebras, state charts, and others
- Simulation verification, validation, accreditation, and analysis: benchmark models, simulation-based verification, workflows, simulation experiment design, and optimization
- Simulation packages:widely used frameworks such as Modelica, ns-2/3, OPNET, Qualnet, OMNET++, and other open source software for modeling and simulation