Dean of the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science Chairholder of the Chair of Software Engineering (Lehrstuhl für Informatik II) Department of Computer Science University of Würzburg Informatics Building, Room A112 Am Hubland D-97074 Würzburg, Germany Phone: +49 (931) 31 82452 Fax.: +49 (931) 31 86603 Email: samuel.kounev∂uni-wuerzburg.deFormer Homepage DESCARTES Research Group @ KIT
Professional Functions (selection)
Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Würzburg
- Faculty Dean (Dekan) (since October 2019)
- Faculty Vice Dean (Prodekan) (2017-2019)
- Head of the Department of Computer Science (Institut für Informatik) (2016-2017)
- Member of the Faculty Board (Fakultätsrat) (since 2015)
- Chair of Software Engineering (Lehrstuhl II)
- Co-Chair of the Steering Committee (since 2019)
- Merger of ICAC and SASO Conferences
- Chair of the ICAC Steering Committee (2016-2019)
- Co-Chair of the ICPE Steering Committee (since 2010)
- Elected Chair of SPEC Research Group (since 2011)
- Scientific Coordinator and Chair of the Supervisory Board (2010-2015)
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- IEEE Computer Society
- Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. (GI)
- Fachausschuss MMB - "Messung, Modellierung und Bewertung von Rechensystemen"
- Vereinigung von Freunden der Technischen Universität zu Darmstadt e.V.
- Beirat der Universitatsprofessorinnen und -professoren in der GI (GIBU)
Selected International Journals
- ACM Computing Surveys
- The Computer Journal (Oxford University Press)
- IEEE Computer
- IEEE Transactions on Computers
- IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering
- IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing
- IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management
- IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing
- IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing
- ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology (TOSEM)
- ACM Transactions on Modeling and Performance Evaluation of Computing Systems
- ACM Transactions on Internet Technology (TOIT)
- IET Software
- Elsevier Performance Evaluation Journal
- Elsevier Journal of Applied Mathematical Modelling
- Elsevier Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing
- Elsevier Journal of Systems and Software
- Elsevier Computer Networks Journal
- Elsevier Journal of Network and Computer Applications
- Wiley InterScience Journal of Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience
- Wiley InterScience Journal of Applied Stochastic Models in Business and Industry
- Springer Journal of Grid Computing
- Springer Journal of Software and Systems Modeling
- Springer Computing
- Birkhäuser Springer Series on Autonomic Systems
- Journal of Zhejiang University-SCIENCE C (Computers & Electronics)
- International Journal of Applied Mathematics & Computer Science
- ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems (TAAS)
- See Events.
Conference Organization (selection)
- Co-Founder and Elected Co-Chair of the Steering Committee of the IEEE International Conference on Autonomic Computing and Self-Organizing Systems (ACSOS) sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society's Technical Committee on the Internet (TCI) and the IEEE Technical Council on Software Engineering (TCSE).
- Co-Founder and Elected Co-Chair of the Steering Committee of ACM/SPEC International Conference on Performance Engineering (ICPE) sponsored by ACM SIGSOFT and ACM SIGMETRICS in cooperation with SPEC, http://www.icpe-conference.org/.
- Chair of the Steering Committee of the IEEE International Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC) (2016-2019).
- Steering Committee Member of the Symposium on Software Performance (SSP).
- Steering Committee Member of the SPEC Benchmark Workshop Series.
- General Chair for the 13th IEEE International Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC 2016), Würzburg, Germany, July 17-22, 2016.
- Co-Founder of HotTopiCS @ ICPE Workshop Series.
- Co-organizer of Dagstuhl Seminar 15041 "Model-Driven Algorithms and Architectures for Self-Aware Computing Systems", January 18-23, 2015, co-organized with Jeffrey O. Kephart (IBM Thomas J.Watson Research Center), Marta Kwiatkowska (University of Oxford) and Xiaoyun Zhu (VMware), Schloss Dagstuhl, Germany, 2015.
- Program Committee Co-Chair for the 12th International Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC 2015), Grenoble, France, July 2015.
- Organization Chair of “Winter School on Engineering & Provisioning of Cloud Applications - Research and Entrepreneurship”, Würzburg, Feb 17th, 2015.
- Keynote Speaker for the 4th International Workshop on Large-Scale Testing (LT 2015), co-located with ICPE 2015, Austin, Texas, USA, February 1, 2015.
- Keynote Speaker for the 11th International Conference on Quantitative Evaluation of SysTems (QEST 2014) - Joint Keynote with FORMATS 2014, SAFECOMP 2014, EPEW 2014 and FMICS 2014, Florence, Italy, September 8-12, 2014.
- Awards Chair for the 5th ACM/SPEC International Conference on Performance Engineering (ICPE 2014), Dublin, Ireland, March 23-26, 2014.
- Co-Organizer of Symposium on Software Performance (SOSP 2014): Joint Descartes/Kieker/Palladio Days (Joint Developer and Community Meeting), Stuttgart, Germany, November 26-28, 2014.
- Organizer of Software-Cluster Workshop on Cloud Computing (Aktuelles Cloud Computing aus Wissenschaft und Praxis), Karlsruhe, February 3, 2014.
- Poster/Demo Program Chair for the 10th International Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC 2013) sponsored by USENIX, San Jose, USA, June 26-28, 2013.
- Organization and Program Co-Chair for the 2013 International Workshop on Hot Topics in Cloud Services (HotTopiCS 2013), Prague, Czech Republic, April 20-21, 2013.
- Organization Chair of Open Excellence Workshop on "Online Models for Quality-of-Service and Resource Management in Modern IT Systems" organized by the "RELATE" FP7 Marie Curie Initial Training Network (ITN), December 4, 2012, Karlsruhe, Germany.
- Co-Organizer (with Lars Grunske and Ina Schaefer) of GI Dagstuhl Seminar 12211 "Quality-of-Service Attributes in Service- and Cloud-based Systems: Specification, Modelling, Monitoring, Prediction, and Optimisation", Schloss Dagstuhl, Germany, May 20-25, 2012.
- Keynote Speaker at the 9th International Workshop on Formal Engineering Approaches to Software Components and Architectures (FESCA @ ETAPS), Satellite event of ETAPS, Tallinn, Estonia, March 31, 2012.
- Organization Chair of Multi-Skills Training Camp, "RELATE" Marie Curie Initial Training Network (ITN), Karlsruhe, Germany, March 13-15, 2012.
- Co-organizer of 3rd Karlsruhe Service Summit, January 27, 2012.
- Keynote Speaker at the 8th European Performance Engineering Workshop (EPEW 2011), Borrowdale, The English Lake District, October 12-13, 2011.
- Publicity Chair of the 12th Joint ACM SIGMETRICS/PERFORMANCE International Conference, London, UK, June 4-8, 2012.
- General Co-Chair for the 2011 ACM/SPEC International Conference on Performance Engineering (ICPE 2011) sponsored by ACM SIGSOFT and ACM SIGMETRICS in cooperation with SPEC, Karlsruhe, Germany, March 14-16, 2011.
- Local Organization Chair for the 5th International Workshop on Practical Applications of Stochastic Modelling (PASM'11), Karlsruhe, Germany, March 17, 2011.
- Industrial Chair and Steering Committee Liaison for the 2010 Joint WOSP/SIPEW International Conference on Performance Engineering (WOSP/SIPEW 2010) sponsored by ACM SIGSOFT and ACM SIGMETRICS in cooperation with SPEC, San Jose, California, USA, January 28-30, 2010.
- Local Organization Chair for OW2 Consortium - Germany Roadshow, Karlsruhe, Germany, March 24, 2009.
- Program Co-Chair for SIPEW 2008 - SPEC International Performance Evaluation Workshop held in Darmstadt, Germany, June 27-28, 2008.
- Co-Founder of SPEC International Performance Evaluation Workshop (SIPEW).
|Copyright © 2019 Samuel Kounev (Last updated: Sep 24, 2019).|