Chairholder of the Chair of Software Engineering (Informatik II) Department of Computer Science University of Würzburg Informatics Building, Room A112 Am Hubland D-97074 Würzburg, Germany Phone:+49 (931) 31 82452 Fax.: +49 (931) 31 86603 Email: samuel.kounev∂uni-wuerzburg.de
Professional Functions (selection)
Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Würzburg
- Informationssicherheitsbeauftragter der JMU (since 2021)
- Faculty Dean (Dekan) (2019-2021)
- Faculty Vice Dean (Prodekan) (2017-2019)
- Head of the Department of Computer Science (Institut für Informatik) (2016-2017)
- Member of the Faculty Board (Fakultätsrat) (since 2015)
- Chair of Software Engineering (Lehrstuhl II)
- Co-Chair of the Steering Committee (since 2019)
- Merger of ICAC and SASO Conferences
- Chair of the ICAC Steering Committee (2016-2019)
- Co-Chair of the ICPE Steering Committee (since 2010)
- Elected Chair of SPEC Research Group (since 2011)
- Scientific Coordinator and Chair of the Supervisory Board (2010-2015)
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- IEEE Computer Society
- Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. (GI)
- Fachausschuss MMB - "Messung, Modellierung und Bewertung von Rechensystemen"
- Vereinigung von Freunden der Technischen Universität zu Darmstadt e.V.
- Beirat der Universitatsprofessorinnen und -professoren in der GI (GIBU)
Selected International Journals
- ACM Computing Surveys
- The Computer Journal (Oxford University Press)
- IEEE Computer
- IEEE Transactions on Computers
- IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering
- IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing
- IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management
- IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing
- IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing
- ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology (TOSEM)
- ACM Transactions on Modeling and Performance Evaluation of Computing Systems
- ACM Transactions on Internet Technology (TOIT)
- IET Software
- Elsevier Performance Evaluation Journal
- Elsevier Journal of Applied Mathematical Modelling
- Elsevier Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing
- Elsevier Journal of Systems and Software
- Elsevier Computer Networks Journal
- Elsevier Journal of Network and Computer Applications
- Wiley InterScience Journal of Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience
- Wiley InterScience Journal of Applied Stochastic Models in Business and Industry
- Springer Journal of Grid Computing
- Springer Journal of Software and Systems Modeling
- Springer Computing
- Birkhäuser Springer Series on Autonomic Systems
- Journal of Zhejiang University-SCIENCE C (Computers & Electronics)
- International Journal of Applied Mathematics & Computer Science
- ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems (TAAS)
- See Events.
Conference Organization (selection)
- Co-Founder and Elected Co-Chair of the Steering Committee of the IEEE International Conference on Autonomic Computing and Self-Organizing Systems (ACSOS) sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society's Technical Committee on the Internet (TCI) and the IEEE Technical Council on Software Engineering (TCSE).
- Co-Founder and Elected Co-Chair of the Steering Committee of ACM/SPEC International Conference on Performance Engineering (ICPE) sponsored by ACM SIGSOFT and ACM SIGMETRICS in cooperation with SPEC, http://www.icpe-conference.org/.
- Chair of the Steering Committee of the IEEE International Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC) (2016-2019).
- Steering Committee Member of the Symposium on Software Performance (SSP).
- Steering Committee Member of the SPEC Benchmark Workshop Series.
- General Chair for the 13th IEEE International Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC 2016), Würzburg, Germany, July 17-22, 2016.
- Co-Founder of HotTopiCS @ ICPE Workshop Series.
- Co-organizer of Dagstuhl Seminar 15041 "Model-Driven Algorithms and Architectures for Self-Aware Computing Systems", January 18-23, 2015, co-organized with Jeffrey O. Kephart (IBM Thomas J.Watson Research Center), Marta Kwiatkowska (University of Oxford) and Xiaoyun Zhu (VMware), Schloss Dagstuhl, Germany, 2015.
- Program Committee Co-Chair for the 12th International Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC 2015), Grenoble, France, July 2015.
- Organization Chair of “Winter School on Engineering & Provisioning of Cloud Applications - Research and Entrepreneurship”, Würzburg, Feb 17th, 2015.
- Keynote Speaker for the 4th International Workshop on Large-Scale Testing (LT 2015), co-located with ICPE 2015, Austin, Texas, USA, February 1, 2015.
- Keynote Speaker for the 11th International Conference on Quantitative Evaluation of SysTems (QEST 2014) - Joint Keynote with FORMATS 2014, SAFECOMP 2014, EPEW 2014 and FMICS 2014, Florence, Italy, September 8-12, 2014.
- Awards Chair for the 5th ACM/SPEC International Conference on Performance Engineering (ICPE 2014), Dublin, Ireland, March 23-26, 2014.
- Co-Organizer of Symposium on Software Performance (SOSP 2014): Joint Descartes/Kieker/Palladio Days (Joint Developer and Community Meeting), Stuttgart, Germany, November 26-28, 2014.
- Organizer of Software-Cluster Workshop on Cloud Computing (Aktuelles Cloud Computing aus Wissenschaft und Praxis), Karlsruhe, February 3, 2014.
- Poster/Demo Program Chair for the 10th International Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC 2013) sponsored by USENIX, San Jose, USA, June 26-28, 2013.
- Organization and Program Co-Chair for the 2013 International Workshop on Hot Topics in Cloud Services (HotTopiCS 2013), Prague, Czech Republic, April 20-21, 2013.
- Organization Chair of Open Excellence Workshop on "Online Models for Quality-of-Service and Resource Management in Modern IT Systems" organized by the "RELATE" FP7 Marie Curie Initial Training Network (ITN), December 4, 2012, Karlsruhe, Germany.
- Co-Organizer (with Lars Grunske and Ina Schaefer) of GI Dagstuhl Seminar 12211 "Quality-of-Service Attributes in Service- and Cloud-based Systems: Specification, Modelling, Monitoring, Prediction, and Optimisation", Schloss Dagstuhl, Germany, May 20-25, 2012.
- Keynote Speaker at the 9th International Workshop on Formal Engineering Approaches to Software Components and Architectures (FESCA @ ETAPS), Satellite event of ETAPS, Tallinn, Estonia, March 31, 2012.
- Organization Chair of Multi-Skills Training Camp, "RELATE" Marie Curie Initial Training Network (ITN), Karlsruhe, Germany, March 13-15, 2012.
- Co-organizer of 3rd Karlsruhe Service Summit, January 27, 2012.
- Keynote Speaker at the 8th European Performance Engineering Workshop (EPEW 2011), Borrowdale, The English Lake District, October 12-13, 2011.
- Publicity Chair of the 12th Joint ACM SIGMETRICS/PERFORMANCE International Conference, London, UK, June 4-8, 2012.
- General Co-Chair for the 2011 ACM/SPEC International Conference on Performance Engineering (ICPE 2011) sponsored by ACM SIGSOFT and ACM SIGMETRICS in cooperation with SPEC, Karlsruhe, Germany, March 14-16, 2011.
- Local Organization Chair for the 5th International Workshop on Practical Applications of Stochastic Modelling (PASM'11), Karlsruhe, Germany, March 17, 2011.
- Industrial Chair and Steering Committee Liaison for the 2010 Joint WOSP/SIPEW International Conference on Performance Engineering (WOSP/SIPEW 2010) sponsored by ACM SIGSOFT and ACM SIGMETRICS in cooperation with SPEC, San Jose, California, USA, January 28-30, 2010.
- Local Organization Chair for OW2 Consortium - Germany Roadshow, Karlsruhe, Germany, March 24, 2009.
- Program Co-Chair for SIPEW 2008 - SPEC International Performance Evaluation Workshop held in Darmstadt, Germany, June 27-28, 2008.
- Co-Founder of SPEC International Performance Evaluation Workshop (SIPEW).
|Copyright © 2020 Samuel Kounev (Last updated: Dec 29, 2020).|