Chair of Software Engineering (Informatik II)
Department of Computer Science
University of Würzburg
Am Hubland, 97074 Würzburg
Informatikgebäude, 1.OG, Room A110
Phone: +49 (931) 31 83252
Former Homepage Chair of Information Systems II, Universität Mannheim
- DAAD Travel Grant (DAAD Kongressreisenprogramm) for PerCom 2018
- IEEE CS TCPP & TCCC Travel Grant for PerCom 2018
- Best Paper Nominee PerCom 2018
- Julius-Paul-Stiegler-Memorial-Foundation Grant for ICAC 2015
- DAAD IPID4all Grant for International Summer School on Smart Cars (IS3C)
- Keynote @ Organic Computing Doctoral Dissertation Colloquium, Kassel, Germany, September 2019: Next Generation MAPE Control – Current Research Trends in Adaptive Systems.
- Invited Lecture University of Mannheim, Mannheim, Germany, May 2019: Pervasive Computing in Sports.
- Scientific Workshop of the DFG CRC 1053 MAKI, Darmstadt, March 2019: Lost in Transition? A Tutorial on Engineering Self-adaptive Software Systems.
- GI Dagstuhl Seminar 18343, Schloss Wadern, Germany, August 2018: Making the Everyday Life smarter through Cyber-physical Systems.
- Daimler Trucks – Department Advance development autonomous driving, Driving assistance systems & Connectivity, Stuttgart, Germany, November 2016: Infrastructure-aided and Self-organized Platooning Coordination.
- Advanced Networking Systems Group at Department of Information Engineering and Computer Science, University of Trento, Italy, April 2016: A Concept for Infrastructure-aided and Self-organized Platooning Management.
- Mannheim macht schlau, Mannheim, Germany, November 2015: Wie funktionieren Computer?
- First International Summer School on Smart Cars (IS3C 2015), Schloss Segau, Austria, September 2015: A Concept for Infrastructure-Aided and Self-Organized Platooning of Vehicles.
- Real-Time Systems Lab, Darmstadt, Germany, August 2015: FESAS – A Framework for Engineering Self-adaptive Systems.
- Organic Computing Group, Augsburg, Germany, December 2014: The Smart Highway.
- Kinderuni at University of Mannheim, Mannheim, Germany, November 2013: SmartHome - Das Zuhause denkt mit.
Functions and Memberships
Conference and Workshop Organisation
Since the summer term 2019, I am co-lecturer of the lecture "Self-aware Computing Systems". Starting in winter term 2019/20, I am reading the lecture "Advanced Programming". Further, I am involved in supervising students in multiple practical courses, seminars and Bachelor/Master theses.
- IEEE Internet of Things Journal (IoTJ)
- ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems (TAAS)
- IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management (TNSM)
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics (TII)
- IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems (T-ITS)
- Springer Innovations in Systems and Software Engineering (ISSE)
- Elsevier Journal of Information Security and Applications (JISA)
- Elsevier Journal of Systems and Software (JSS)
- Elsevier Information and Software Technology (IST)
- Wiley Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience (CPE)
- Oxford University Press The Computer Journal (COMPJ)
- IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom)
- ACM/IFIP Middleware Conference (MIDDLEWARE)
- IEEE International Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC)
- IEEE International Conferences on Self-Adaptive and Self-Organizing Systems (SASO)
- IEEE International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering (ISSRE)
- Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS)
- IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC)
- International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Computing, Networking and Services (MobiQuitous)
- Annual IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC)
- International Workshop on Mobile and Pervasive Internet of Things (PerIoT) @ IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom)
- International Workshop on Middleware for Lightweight, Spontaneous Environments (MISE) @ ACM/IFIP/USENIX International Middleware Conference (MIDDLEWARE)
- Workshop on Self-Improving System Integration (SISSY) @ Foundations and Applications of Self* Systems (FAS*)
- IEEE International Workshop on Integrated Smart Healthcare (WISH) @ IEEE Computer Society Signature Conference on Computers, Software and Applications (COMPSAC)
- Intelligent Systems Workshop (SAOS) @ GI/ITG International Conference on Architecture of Computing Systems (ARCS)
- International Workshop on Artificially Intelligent Smart SocieTies (AIST) @ International Conference on Smart Computing (SMARTCOMP)
- Organic Computing Doctoral Dissertation Colloquium (OC-DDC)
Last Update: Oct 2, 2018