Head of Secure Software Systems Research Group
Chair of Software Engineering (Informatik II)
Department of Computer Science
University of Würzburg
Informatics Building, Room A115
D-97074 Würzburg, Germany
Phone: +49 (931) 31 81667
Fax.: +49 (931) 31 86603
- Software security
- Mobile security and privacy
- IoT Security
- Security of decentralized systems
In today's world of ubiquitous digitization, many physical objects, such as our homes, production facilities and even critical infrastructure get connected to networks, and become smarter through data collection and application of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) methods. This unavoidably poses new challenges to security and privacy. In my research, I aim to address new challenges and relevant research questions, such as:
- How to secure new systems, while facing ever growing complexity of software and protocols, large-scale deployments, cost requirements and absence of common standards?
- How to improve security of systems and networks using employment of AI and ML methods, while preserving privacy-friendly collection of training data?
- How to develop sustainable security methods that would be capable of adjusting to new security risks in the future, even in 20 years (typical life span of a car)?