- SPEC Kaivalya Dixit Distinguished Dissertation Award from the Standard Performance Evaluation Corp. (SPEC) for the doctoral dissertation titled “Methods and Benchmarks for Auto-Scaling Mechanisms in Elastic Cloud Environments” supervised by Samuel Kounev, April, 2019.
- SPECtacular Award for Technical Leadership: Vice-Chair of RG Cloud, Lead of successful publication activities, RG Newsletter Editor, Awarded by the SPEC President David Reiner (AMD) on April 12, 2018 at the ACM/SPEC ICPE conference banquet in Berlin, Germany.
- IBM PhD Fellowship Award for the academic year 2014/15, Würzburg, May 2014
- FZI Best Diploma Thesis Prize, sponsored by FZI Research Center for Information Technology, Karlsruhe, July 2013
- IBM System z Application Award sponsored by IBM Germany, Karlsruhe, Oktober 2011
- How we built a scalable micro-service application - The Tea Store. Keynote Talk at the ScrumScale workshop on invitation by SINTEF, Oslo, Norway, July 5, 2018 [slides]
- Benchmarking Elasticity of Virtualized Resources, Invited Talk, SPEC Research Group Cloud, April 10, 2012
- Workload Classification and Forecasting, Invited Talk, KoSSE-Syposium Application Performance Management, Kiel, November 29/30, 2012
Functions and Memberships
Conference and Workshop Organisation
- CHAMELEON Hybrid, Proactive Auto-Scaler
- TELESCOPE Hybrid Forecaster for Seasonal Time Series
- BUNGEE IaaS Could Elasticity Benchmarking Framework
- LIMBO Load Intensity Modeling Framework
- WCF Workload Cassification & Forecasting Tool
Starting in winter term 2017/18, I am reading the lecture "Operating Systems", and starting in summer term 2018, the lecture "Performance Engineering & Benchmarking of Computersystems".
Starting in summer term 2018, I am reading the new master's lecture "Self-Aware Computing" together with Dr. Krupitzer.
From summer term 2014 to summer term 2017, I was coordinating the exercises on the master's lecture "Performance Engineering & Benchmarking of Computersystems" and the bachelor's lecture "Operating Systems".
I am involved in supervising students during multiple practical courses and seminars since summer term 2012.
Last Update: Feb 18, 2020