Dr. rer. nat. Simon Spinner
Now at IBM Research and Development Labs in Böblingen
Chair of Computer Science II
Am Hubland, 97074 Würzburg
Informatikgebäude, 1. OG
List of all publications: Simon Spinner
Main research areas:
- Software Performance Engineering
- System Modeling and Simulation
- Run-Time Performance and Resource Management
- Online Performance Model Extraction
- Cloud Computing
- Enterprise Systems
- Google Faculty Research Award
On-the-fly resource demand estimation during system operation
Efficient Algorithms and Methods for Online Extraction of Performance Models in Virtualized Environments (funded by DFG)
- VMware Academic Research Award
Online model-based performance and resource management in virtualized application environments.
LibReDE is an open-source library for resource demand estimation providing a set of ready-to-use implementations of common estimation approaches.
- Descartes Modeling Language
A modeling language for online performance and resource management.
QPME (Queueing Petri net Modeling Environment) is an open-source tool for stochastic modeling and analysis based on the Queueing Petri Net (QPN) modeling formalism.
Industrial project developing a method for requirements specification and modelling for large-scale naval systems.
I am involved in teaching the following regular lecture: Software-Technik.
- Jürgen Walter. Parallel Simulation of Queueing Petri Net Models. Master's thesis, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), October 2013.
- Can Alexander Yavuz. Überwachung des effektiven Kontrollflusses einer mehrschichtigen Anwendung. Bachelor's thesis (in German), Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), April 2013.
Selected Reviewer Activities
- IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE), 2014
- IEEE/IFIP Network Operations And Management Symposium (NOMS), 2014
- International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE), 2013
- International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP), 2013
- International Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC), 2013
- International Conference on Measurement and Modeling of Computer Systems (SIGMETRICS), 2012
- International Conference on Performance Engineering (ICPE), 2012
- International Conference on the Quality of Software Architectures (QoSA), 2012
Since Apr 2014
Doctoral Researcher at the University of Würzburg
|Nov 2014 - Feb 2015||Internship at VMware, Inc., Palo Alto, USA|
Sep 2012 - Mar 2014
|Doctoral Researcher at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology|
|Jul 2013 - Oct 2013||Internship at VMware, Inc., Palo Alto, USA|
Oct 2011 -
|Doctoral Researcher at the Forschungszentrum Informatik (FZI) in Karlsruhe|
|Jan 2011 - |
Master Thesis "Evaluating Approaches to Resource Demand Estimation", Best Graduate Award from the Faculty of Informatics
|Apr 2009 - |
|Master's Course in Computer Science (Information Technology) at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology|
|Sep 2008 - |
|Bachelor Thesis at IBM Research & Development, Boeblingen, Germany|
Sep 2007 -
|Internship at IBM Research & Development, Boeblingen, Germany|
|Sep 2005 - |
|Bachelor's Course in Applied Computer Science at the University of Applied Science Offenburg|
|Jul 2005||Abitur at the Schiller Gymnasium Offenburg|